Whistletree Conveyancing Lender Panel Compliance Tool

COMPLETIONmonitor is an online pre- and post-completion checklist for residential conveyancing lawyers. Supported by the CML and professional indemnity insures. COMPLETIONmonitor is a unique risk mitigation tool.

This software is the only way you can prove to lender panels that you are, and can remain fully compliant with their instructions, with alerts on Whistletree’s changes. While utilising COMPLETIONmonitor is not a condition for being on the Whistletree panel, demonstrating you can remain up to date with Whistletree’s Handbook requirements is a helpful support to your application to their lender panel and, more importantly, protect your panel standing.

COMPLETIONmonitor creates real-time alerts, automatically produces COLP and CQS reports, and will enhance your firm's efficiency. It is also user friendly, cost-effective and, for many firms, results in a PII saving.

Find a Law Firm approved by Whistletree

Lenders often change their requirements. The UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook requirements from Whistletree are not guidelines, they are instructions from a client. As with many clients, instructions can change - and they do change, frequently:

A Timeline of Policy Changes

Since 2008, Whistletree has made 8 revisions or additions to sections of their version of the CML Handbook.
That equates to a section change every 341.2 days. In total, 2% of the sections of P2 of the UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook for Whistletree have been changed since 15/12/2008.

To find out more about lender panel compliance,

Book a Personalised Demo

Examples of recent questions relating to the Whistletree Conveyancing Panel from members of the public

My financial adviser has says he needs my law firm’s panel member for the Whistletree conveyancing panel. Can you suggest how I obtain this. I have contacted my local Whistletree branch but they don't know it.
the sensible thing to do is ask for this information from your solicitor. A law firm is likely to keep a file or database of lender panel information which would include, if applicable their conveyancing panel details for Whistletree.
I am buying a brand new duplex and my conveyancer is advising me that she is duty bound to reveal incentives from the developer as her practice is on the Whistletree conveyancing panel. I am nearing the developer’s deadline to sign contracts and I dont want to prolong the conveyancing. Is my lawyer right?
You should not exchange unless you have advised to do so by your lawyer. A precondition to being on the Whistletree approved panel is to comply with the CML Handbook requirements (last updated for this lender on Whistletree). The CML Conveyancing Handbook requires that your lawyer have the appropriate Disclosure of Incentive form completed by the developer and accepted by your lender.
I am looking for competitive conveyancing fees. Can I be sure that all the law firms that are listed on your directory are on the Whistletree conveyancing panel?
The law firms on our directory have advised us that they are on the Whistletree panel and agreed to advise us to take down their listing in the event of removal off of the Whistletree panel. To date we have not been informed by either a mortgage company or a member of the public that the data about a specific firm being on the Whistletree conveyancing panel is incorrect.
My grandfather passed away six months ago and as sole heir and executor was left the property. The house had a relatively small loan remaining of approximately £5k. I want to transfer the title deeds into my name whilst I re-mortgage to Whistletree , pay off the mortgage etc. Is this possible?
If you intend to re-mortgage then Whistletree will insist on your using a conveyancer on the Whistletree conveyancing panel. Here is link to the Land Registry online guidance around what to do when a property owner dies. This will help you to understand the registration process behind changing the details re the registered title. in your case it would appear that you are effectively purchasing the property from the estate. Your Whistletree conveyancing panel solicitor pays the new mortgage money into the estate, the estate pays off the old mortgage, the charge is released and you become the owner and the Whistletree mortgage is registered as a charge at the Land Registry.
Is it the case that all conveyancing solicitors on the Whistletree conveyancing panel regulated by the SRA?
As a firm of solicitors, in order to be on the Whistletree conveyancing panel they would need to be regulated by the SRA. Many lenders do allow licenced conveyancers on their panel in which case such firms would be regulated by the Council of Licensed Conveyancers (CLC).
I have paid off my mortgage with Whistletree. I assume I don't need a solicitor on the Whistletree panel to remove the mortgage at the Land Registry. Am I right?
If you have finished paying off your Whistletree mortgage they may send you evidence showing that you have paid it off. Alternatively they may notify the Land Registry directly. The Land Registry need to see this evidence before they will remove the Whistletree mortgage from the register. Whistletree,and any evidence they send you, will determine the action you need to take. In cases where no conveyancer is acting for you and you have paid off your mortgage: but are not moving to another property where the Whistletree has sent the Land Registry the discharge electronically, and the Whistletree has instructed the Land Registry to do so The Land Registry will send you a letter confirming that your Whistletree mortgage has been paid off.
The for formalities of my remortgage has taken place with a loan from Whistletree. Conveyancing was a necessary evil but I feel I should register my dissatisfaction about Whistletree. Who do I contact should I wish to lodge a complaint?
Most lenders have complaints procedures. Your first port of call should be one of the Whistletree branches or the Customer Care Department at Whistletree head office. In most cases complaints to Whistletree are resolved effectively and efficiently. If you feel that the matter is not resolved you can write to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR with full details of your complaint.