Marsden Building Society Conveyancing Lender Panel Compliance Tool

COMPLETIONmonitor is an online pre- and post-completion checklist for residential conveyancing lawyers. Supported by the Council of Mortgage Lenders and PI insurers such as AmTrust. COMPLETIONmonitor is a unique risk management tool.

This software optimises the way you can demonstrate to lender panels that you are, and can remain fully compliant with their requirements, with alerts on Marsden Building Society’s changes. While using this technology is not a condition for being on the Marsden Building Society panel, demonstrating you can remain up to date with Marsden Building Society’s Handbook requirements is an excellent support to your panel application and, more importantly, safeguard your panel status.

COMPLETIONmonitor generates real-time alerts, automatically produces compliance and CQS reports, and will improve your firm's efficiency. It is also simply to use, cost-effective and, for many firms, results in a PII saving.

Find a Law Firm approved by Marsden Building Society

Banks and building societies frequently change their requirements. The BSA instructions from Marsden Building Society are not guidelines, they are instructions from a client. As with many clients, instructions can change - and they do change, over time:

A Timeline of Policy Changes

Since 2010, Marsden Building Society has made 24 revisions or additions to sections of their version of the BSA Requirements.
That equates to a section change every 113.8 days. In total, 22% of the sections of the BSA Requirements for Marsden Building Society have been changed since 26/1/2010.

To find out more about lender panel compliance,

Book a Personalised Demo

Recent Changes Include

# Date Assoc. Changes Related To
E.12 21/03/2016 BSA
D.34 25/06/2015 BSA
D.34 05/08/2011 BSA
C.12 24/11/2010 BSA
A.12 15/03/2010 BSA
C.21 15/03/2010 BSA
D.24 15/03/2010 BSA
D.26 15/03/2010 BSA
E.33 15/03/2010 BSA
F.1 15/03/2010 BSA

Last update 15/03/2019

Marsden Building Society Conveyancing Panel Example Support Desk Enquires from members of the public

I was advised recently by my estate agent that my the law firm I have appointed is not on the Marsden Building Society Solicitor panel. How can I be sure that this is correct?
The first thing you need to do is to contact your lawyer directly. It is reasonable to expect your lawyer to advise you what has happened. If they are not on the panel they may recommend you to a firm that is on the conveyancing panel for Marsden Building Society.
We are due to exchange on the purchase a house but as a result of damage from the recent storms I have agreed compensation from the seller of £3k approx by way of a reduction in the price. This was going to be dealt with as part of the conveyancing process but my mortgage company Marsden Building Society will not agree to this. Why was Marsden Building Society even consulted?
Your lawyer being on the Marsden Building Society conveyancing panel is duty bound to inform Marsden Building Society of any changes to the purchase price. If you were to refuse your lawyers to disclose the reduction to Marsden Building Society then they would have to discontinue acting for you and Marsden Building Society.
I am looking to buy a house and need a conveyancing solicitor in Birmingham who is on the Marsden Building Society solicitor. Can you recommend a local conveyancing firm?
Our service is a directory service for firms who wish to be listed as being on the approved conveyancing panel for Marsden Building Society . We don’t recommend any particular firm.
The solicitors that just started acting on my purchase in Newcastle has suddenly shut down. I chose them because I had to have a firm on the Marsden Building Society conveyancing panel and my previous lawyer was not. I gave them a cheque for £150 in advance. What do I do now?
Assuming that you have an Estate Agent in the equation then inform them straight away so that they advise the vendors that there may be a slight delay due to reasons beyond your control. Most sellers would be sympathetic and urge their lawyer to send a new set of papers to your new solicitors. You should appoint new lawyers that are on the Marsden Building Society conveyancing panel and notify the lender. If you have paid over any money it will hopefully be held by the SRA as money in an intervened firm's bank accounts is transferred to the SRA. Then, the SRA or the intervention agent looks at the intervened firm's accounts to work out who the money belongs to. To claim your money you will need to contact the SRA. If the SRA cannot return money you are owed from the firm's bank accounts, or if they can only return part of the money, you can apply to the Compensation Fund for a grant. Your new lawyers may be able to assist
We are getting a further advance on our mortgage from Marsden Building Society as we wish to carry out a loft conversion to our home. Do we need to appoint a solicitor on the Marsden Building Society conveyancing panel to deal with the paperwork?
Marsden Building Society would not normally appoint a member of their conveyancing panel to deal with such a matter. If they did require any legal work then you would need to ensure that such a lawyer was on the Marsden Building Society list
I was thinking of purchasing my friend’s property. Once we agree a price, what’s the best way to proceed? I plan to obtain a mortgage with Marsden Building Society. Is it possible to avoid using solicitors to save on the costs? My dad reckons back in the day he did a lot of it himself, just went into the land registry office and providing them with the info they needed himself
If you are getting a mortgage with Marsden Building Society involved you will need to appoint a solicitor on the Marsden Building Society conveyancing panel. We would not encourage you to both use the same solicitors' firm. There are clear conflict of interest issues and it's not going to make a huge difference to the speed of the overall process. So as not to hold things us you should pass on your solicitors details to Marsden Building Society. Feel free to use our search tool to look for a licensed conveyancer or solicitor on the Marsden Building Society conveyancing panel.
The for formalities of my remortgage has taken place with a mortgage from Marsden Building Society. Conveyancing was satisfactory but I feel I should register my dissatisfaction about Marsden Building Society. Who do I contact should I wish to lodge a complaint?
Most lenders have complaints procedures. Your first port of call should be one of the Marsden Building Society branches or the Customer Care Team at Marsden Building Society head office. In most cases complaints to Marsden Building Society are resolved effectively and efficiently. If you feel that the matter is not resolved you can write to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR who will take matters further.