Landbay Conveyancing Lender Panel Compliance Tool

COMPLETIONmonitor is web-based pre- and post-completion checklist for property lawyers. Supported by the Council of Mortgage Lenders and professional indemnity insures. COMPLETIONmonitor is a unique risk management tool.

This software is the only way you can prove to lender panels that you are, and can remain fully compliant with their instructions, with automatic updates on Landbay’s changes. Notwithstanding that using the tool is not a condition for acceptance on the Landbay panel, demonstrating you can stay up to date with Landbay’s Handbook requirements is an excellent support to your panel application and, just as importantly, safeguard your panel status.

The system generates real-time alerts, automatically produces SRA and CQS reports, and will enhance your firm's efficiency. It is also user friendly, cost-effective and, for many firms, results in a PII saving.

Find a Law Firm approved by Landbay

Mortgage companies frequently vary their requirements. The UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook requirements from Landbay are not guidelines, they are instructions from a client. As with many clients, instructions can change - and they do change, over time:

A Timeline of Policy Changes

Since 2008, Landbay has made 66 revisions or additions to sections of their version of the CML Handbook.
That equates to a section change every 41.4 days. In total, 26% of the sections of P2 of the UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook for Landbay have been changed since 15/12/2008.

To find out more about lender panel compliance,

Book a Personalised Demo

Recent Changes Include

# Date Assoc. Changes Related To
5.13.1 31/08/2018 CML Insolvency Act Indemnity Insurance Deed of Gift Indemnity Insurance
5.14.1 31/08/2018 CML
5.1.1 31/08/2018 CML
5.10.1 31/08/2018 CML
6.6.1 31/08/2018 CML
1.11a 28/06/2017 CML
16.3.1 28/06/2017 CML
5.1.1 28/06/2017 CML
5.20.1 28/06/2017 CML
3.2.3 30/11/2015 CML

Last update 10/07/2019

FAQs for the Landbay Conveyancing Panel from members of the public

I was advised recently by my lender that my lawyer is not on the Landbay Solicitor panel. What can I do to be sure that this is correct?
The first thing you need to do is to contact your conveyancer. It is reasonable to expect your lawyer to advise you what has happened. If they are not on the panel they could put your in touch with solicitors on the conveyancing panel for Landbay.
We are due to exchange on the purchase a house but as a result of damage from the recent storms I have agreed compensation from the seller of £3k approx by way of a reduction in the price. This was going to be dealt with as part of the conveyancing process but my mortgage company Landbay will not agree to this. Why was Landbay even consulted?
Your lawyer being on the Landbay conveyancing panel is duty bound to inform Landbay of any changes to the purchase price. If you were to refuse your lawyers to disclose the reduction to Landbay then they would have to discontinue acting for you and Landbay.
Your search tool is useful but there are many lawyers listed near Leeds on the Landbay conveyancing panel. It would be a lot more helpful if you could recommend a specific firm on the conveyancing panel for Landbay ?
We are not in the business of recommending one firm above another as the right firm for you depends on where your priorities lie. For example you may require a local firm with local knowledge or you might be looking for the low cost conveyancing. We recommend that you speak to 3 or 4 lawyers listed before you make your choice..
I am purchasing a terraced house and getting a mortgage with Landbay. Conveyancing solicitors are said to be ‘a necessary evil’ but can I do it myself?
Leaving aside the complexities and merits of DIY conveyancing you will have to appoint a solicitor on the Landbay conveyancing panel to look after their interests. Most people therefore find it easier to let the solicitor act for them and the lender. Furthermore there is minimal cost savings to made in you doing to conveyancing for yourself and another lawyer conducting the conveyancing for the lender. Please feel free to use the search tool to find a lawyer on the Landbay conveyancing panel in your location.
Is it the case that all conveyancing lawyers on the Landbay conveyancing panel work on a no move no charge basis?
On the whole there are no requirements by lenders for their firms to operate on a no-sale-no-fee basis. There a small number of lenders who operate a very restricted conveyancing panel managed by a third party company (often termed in the industry as a ‘gatekeeper’). That third party may impose certain conditions such as non-sale-no fee on the panel firms. If you require this as a condition of your conveyancing then you should check with the conveyancing firm that this is part of their service
I have today made my last payment due on mortgage with Landbay. I assume I don't need a solicitor on the Landbay panel to remove the mortgage at the Land Registry. Please confirm
If you have finished paying off your Landbay mortgage they may send you evidence showing that you have paid it off. Alternatively they may notify the Land Registry directly. The Land Registry need to see this evidence before they will remove the Landbay mortgage from the register. Landbay,and any evidence they send you, will determine the action you need to take. In cases where no conveyancer is acting for you and you have paid off your mortgage: but are not moving to another property where the Landbay has sent the Land Registry the discharge electronically, and the Landbay has instructed the Land Registry to do so The Land Registry will send you a letter confirming that your Landbay mortgage has been paid off.
I am selling my house. I had a double glazing fitted in month 8 but did not receive a FENSA certificate or Building Regulation Certificate. My buyer's mortgage company, Landbay are being pedantic. The solicitor who is on the Landbay conveyancing panel is saying indemnity insurance will be fine but Landbay are insisting on a building regulation certificate. Why do Landbay have a conveyancing panel of they don’t accept advice from them?
It is probably the case that Landbay have referred the matter to their valuer. The reason why Landbay may not want to accept indemnity insurance is because it does not give them any reassurance that the double glazing correctly and safely installed. It merely protects against enforcement action which is very unlikely anyway.