Hinckley and Rugby Conveyancing Lender Panel Compliance Tool

COMPLETIONmonitor is an online pre- and post-completion checklist for residential conveyancing lawyers. Supported by the CML and PI insurers. It is a unique risk mitigation tool.

This software is the only way you can prove to lender panels that you are, and can stay fully compliant with their instructions, with automatic updates on Hinckley and Rugby’s changes. While utilising the software is not a condition for acceptance on the Hinckley and Rugby panel, demonstrating you can stay up to date with Hinckley and Rugby’s Handbook requirements is a helpful support to your panel application and, just as importantly, safeguard your panel status.

The software generates real-time alerts, automatically produces regulatory and CQS reports, and will improve your firm's efficiency. In addition it is user friendly, cost-effective and, for some firms, leads to a PII saving.

Find a Law Firm approved by Hinckley and Rugby

Lenders often change their requirements. The UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook requirements from Hinckley and Rugby are not guidelines, they are instructions from a client. As with many clients, instructions can change - and they do change, frequently:

A Timeline of Policy Changes

Since 2008, Hinckley and Rugby has made 72 revisions or additions to sections of their version of the CML Handbook.
That equates to a section change every 37.9 days. In total, 28% of the sections of P2 of the UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook for Hinckley and Rugby have been changed since 15/12/2008.

To find out more about lender panel compliance,

Book a Personalised Demo

Hinckley and Rugby Conveyancing Panel Example Support Desk Enquires from members of the public

I am in the process of selling my maisonette and the estate agent has just telephoned to say that the buyers are swapping conveyancer. The reason given is that Hinckley and Rugby will only engage with property lawyers on their conveyancing panel. Why would a big named mortgage company only engage with certain lawyers?
Banks have always had panels of law firms they are willing to work with, but in the past few years big names such as Lloyds Banking Group, have reviewed and reduced their conveyancing panel– in some cases removing conveyancing firms who have worked with them for more than 15 years.

Banks blame a rise in fraud as the reason for the cull – criteria have been tightened and a smaller panel should be easier to keep an eye on. No lender will say how many solicitors have been dropped, claiming the information is commercially sensitive, but the Law Society says it is hearing daily from firms that have been removed from panels, or have other concerns about them. Some do not even realise they have been dropped until contacted by a borrower who has instructed them as might be the situation in your buyer’s case. Your purchasers are unlikely to have any sway in the decision.

can you help? My conveyancer is advising me that he is legally obliged to order a Local Authority search stemming from the fact that the firm are on the Hinckley and Rugby approved lawyer panel. Do I not have a choice here?
Unfortunately both you and your lawyer have little choice here. Given that you are taking out a loan with Hinckley and Rugby your lawyer has to comply with their conditions as set out in their version of the CML Conveyancing Handbook. Your lawyer would have previously signed the Terms and Conditions of Hinckley and Rugby’s conveyancing panel appointment which obliges them to follow the CML Handbook requirements last updated Hinckley and Rugby. even if you were a cash buyer you would be ill advised not to carry out a local authority search.
I require the services of a Hinckley and Rugby panel solicitor in Inverness. Could you help me?
It is not clear why you need a Hinckley and Rugby panel solicitor but in any event, if you can not find one on our search tool you will need to speak directly to Hinckley and Rugby to find out which solicitors in Hinckley and Rugby are on their panel. If you do find such a firm not listed please direct them to our site to list. At a fee of one pound per month it is not expensive to register on the site
I am in the process of mortgaging my home does my lawyer need to be on the Hinckley and Rugby Solicitor panel?
There is nothing to stop you using your solicitor but Hinckley and Rugby will insist on their interests being represented by a firm on their conveyancing panel. There is much more potential for delays and confusion with an additional lawyer added to the mix, and it will undoubtedly be more expensive too.
I have had an offer accepted on a apartment I spoke to a conveyancer recommended by my uncle and he advised using a solicitor approved by Hinckley and Rugby. The estate agent recommended two local firms so I asked Hinckley and Rugby if the 2 suggested solicitors are approved, which they are not. Hinckley and Rugby suggested that either practice can fill out the appropriate forms to become approved. Do I (1) save myself the aggravation and use one of Hinckley and Rugby 's conveyancing panel solicitors (2) Use the local solicitor and accept there may be delays etc as they go through the approval process.
Ask Hinckley and Rugby to suggest a law firm in your location. Most banks have lawyers on their panel throughout the UK. You can also use our search tool at the top of this page to search for a lawyer on the Hinckley and Rugby conveyancing panel based on location. If you particularly like the sound of one of the local lawyers that you have spoken to ask them if they would go onto Hinckley and Rugby conveyancing panel as it may only take about 2-3 weeks. As long as they meet Hinckley and Rugby’s requirements it can be a very simple job for the solicitor. Other stuff will be going on in parallel (as you are at an early stage) so it may not delay matters.
I have decided to exercise my right to buy my property off the council. I have a mortgage agreed with Hinckley and Rugby. Conveyancing is new to me. Can I proceed without a solicitor easily? I think we can but we keep being told I should have one. Any advice?
It is not advisable proceed with a house purchase without a solicitor. The council's solicitor are not acting for you. You need a solicitor for a number reasons. One of which is to verify what plans the Council have for repairs and refurbishment for the next five years. Many leaseholders have been stung for contributions of thousands of pounds. In any event if you are getting a mortgage with Hinckley and Rugby you will need to appoint a solicitor on the Hinckley and Rugby conveyancing panel.
We are are taking a long lease of a terraced house in Hendon. Conveyancing solicitors in Hendon need to begiven the go-ahead. My brother-in-lawadvised that we check that the conveyancing practitioner in Hendon is on the Hinckley and Rugby solicitors panel. Surely I don't need to do this, do I?
A limited percentage of Hendon conveyancing solicitors are on the Hinckley and Rugby conveyancing panel. 7 people a month use our search tool to locate a Hendon conveyancing lawyer on the on the Hinckley and Rugby solicitors pane.