RBS- First Active Conveyancing Lender Panel Compliance Tool

COMPLETIONmonitor is web-based pre- and post-completion checklist for residential conveyancing lawyers. Supported by the Council of Mortgage Lenders and professional indemnity insures. It is a unique risk management tool.

This system optimises the way you can demonstrate to lender panels that you are, and can stay fully compliant with their instructions, with alerts on RBS- First Active’s changes. Notwithstanding that utilising the tool is not a prerequisite for RBS- First Active , demonstrating you can stay up to date with RBS- First Active’s Handbook requirements is an excellent support to your panel application and, more importantly, safeguard your firm’s panel standing.

COMPLETIONmonitor creates real-time alerts, automatically produces regulatory and CQS reports, and will enhance your firm's efficiency. In addition it is user friendly, cost-effective and, for many firms, results in reduced PII premiums.

Find a Law Firm approved by RBS- First Active

Lenders often vary their requirements. The UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook requirements from RBS- First Active are not guidelines, they are instructions from a client. As with many clients, instructions can change - and they do change, over time:

A Timeline of Policy Changes

Since 2008, RBS- First Active has made 177 revisions or additions to sections of their version of the CML Handbook.
That equates to a section change every 15.4 days. In total, 49% of the sections of P2 of the UK Finance Lenders’ Handbook for RBS- First Active have been changed since 15/12/2008.

To find out more about lender panel compliance,

Book a Personalised Demo

RBS- First Active Solicitor Panel Sample Enquires to our Call Center from members of the public

My husband and I are hoping to buy a 2 bedroom apartment in Leeds with a mortgage from RBS- First Active. We would like to retain our solicitor but RBS- First Active says she’s not on their "panel". It seems we have little choice but to instruct one of the RBS- First Active panel solicitors or keep our solicitor and pay for one of their panel ones to represent them. We feel as though this is unjust; Can we not simply insist that RBS- First Active use our lawyer?
Unfortunately,no. The mortgage offered to you is subject to its terms and conditions, one of which will be that lawyers will on the RBS- First Active conveyancing panel. Until recently, most lenders had large numbers of law firms on their panels: a borrower could choose one for themselves, as long as it was on the lender's panel. The lender would then simply instruct the borrower's lawyers to act for the lender, too. You can use your lender's panel lawyers or you could borrow from another lender which does not restrict your choice. A further alternative is for your lawyer to apply to be on the conveyancing panel for RBS- First Active
We are only a couple days away from an exchange and my parents having transferred the 10% deposit to my lawyer. I am now advised that as the deposit has not come from me my lawyer needs to make a notification to my lender RBS- First Active. I am advised that, being on the RBS- First Active conveyancing panel and acting on their behalf he must inform RBS- First Active if the balance of the mortgage advance is not just from me. I disclosed to the bank about my parent’s contribution when I applied for the home loan so is it really necessary for this now to be an issue?
Your lawyer is obliged to check with RBS- First Active to make sure that they are aware that the balance of the purchase price is not from your own funds. Your solicitor can only report this to RBS- First Active if you agree, failing which, your lawyer must cease to continue acting.
I require the services of a RBS- First Active panel solicitor in Stirling. Can you assist?
Unfortunately it’s not apparent why you need a RBS- First Active panel solicitor but in any event, if you can not find one on our search tool you will need to speak directly to RBS- First Active to find out which solicitors in RBS- First Active are on their panel. If you do find such a firm not listed please direct them to our site to list. At a fee of one pound per month it is not expensive to register on the site
My uncle passed away six months ago and as sole heir and executor was left the property. The house had a small mortgage left on it of around £8000. I want to transfer the title deeds into my name whilst I re-mortgage to RBS- First Active , pay off the mortgage etc. Is this allowed?
If you intend to re-mortgage then RBS- First Active will insist on your using a conveyancer on the RBS- First Active conveyancing panel. Here is link to the Land Registry online guidance around what to do when a property owner dies. This will help you to understand the registration process behind changing the details re the registered title. in your case it would appear that you are effectively purchasing the property from the estate. Your RBS- First Active conveyancing panel solicitor pays the new mortgage money into the estate, the estate pays off the old mortgage, the charge is released and you become the owner and the RBS- First Active mortgage is registered as a charge at the Land Registry.
I was thinking of purchasing my friend’s property. Assuming we can agree a figure, what’s the best way to move forward? I hope to get a mortgage with RBS- First Active. Is it possible to avoid using solicitors to save on the costs? My father said that years ago it was possible to take the documents into the local Land Registry office and they did the rest
If you are getting a mortgage with RBS- First Active involved you will need to appoint a solicitor on the RBS- First Active conveyancing panel. We would not encourage you to both use the same solicitors' firm. There are clear conflict of interest issues and it's not going to make a huge difference to the speed of the overall process. So as not to hold things us you should pass on your solicitors details to RBS- First Active. Feel free to use our search tool to look for a licensed conveyancer or solicitor on the RBS- First Active conveyancing panel.
I have had an offer accepted on a apartment I spoke to a solicitor previously used by my dad and he suggested instructing a property lawyers approved by RBS- First Active. The estate agent recommended two local firms so I asked RBS- First Active if the 2 suggested solicitors are approved, which they are not. RBS- First Active pointed out that either practice can fill out the appropriate forms to become approved. Do I (1) save myself the aggravation and use one of RBS- First Active 's conveyancing panel solicitors (2) Use the local solicitor and accept there may be delays etc as they go through the approval process.
Ask RBS- First Active for conveyancing panel firms in your area. Lenders have them all over the country. You can also use our search tool at the top of this page to search for a lawyer on the RBS- First Active conveyancing panel based on location. If you particularly like the sound of one of the local lawyers that you have spoken to ask them if they would go onto RBS- First Active conveyancing panel as it may only take about 2-3 weeks. As long as they meet RBS- First Active’s requirements it can be a very simple job for the solicitor. Other stuff will be going on in parallel (as you are at an early stage) so it may not delay matters.
I have a mortgage with RBS- First Active. Conveyancing has been completed 12 months ago. Should I wish to rent out my property and do not currently have a buy-to-let mortgage do I need to remortgage to a buy-to-let mortgage or inform RBS- First Active?
Your original mortgage agreement with RBS- First Active will provide that you need their approval prior to renting your property as this is likely to be a breach of RBS- First Active’s mortgage conditions. It may be that RBS- First Active will allow you to rent out your former home without needing to switch to a buy-to-let mortgage but some lenders will add a surcharge to your mortgage rate to reflect the higher risk. You should contact RBS- First Active directly. You need not do this via a RBS- First Active conveyancing panel solicitor.