Cambridge Building Society Conveyancing Lender Panel Compliance Tool

COMPLETIONmonitor is web-based pre- and post-completion checklist for property lawyers. Supported by the Council of Mortgage Lenders and PI insurers. COMPLETIONmonitor is a unique risk management tool.

This software assists the way you can demonstrate to lender panels that you are, and can stay fully compliant with their instructions, with alerts on Cambridge Building Society’s changes. Notwithstanding that utilising this technology is not a condition for being on the Cambridge Building Society panel, demonstrating you can remain up to date with Cambridge Building Society’s Handbook requirements is a helpful support to your panel application and, more importantly, protect your firm’s panel standing.

COMPLETIONmonitor generates real-time alerts, automatically produces regulatory and CQS reports, and will increase your firm's efficiency. In addition it is user friendly, cost-effective and, for many firms, results in reduced PII premiums.

Find a Law Firm approved by Cambridge Building Society

Lenders frequently change their requirements. The BSA instructions from Cambridge Building Society are not guidelines, they are instructions from a client. As with many clients, instructions can change - and they do change, frequently:

A Timeline of Policy Changes

Since 2010, Cambridge Building Society has made 33 revisions or additions to sections of their version of the BSA Requirements.
That equates to a section change every 82.7 days. In total, 28% of the sections of the BSA Requirements for Cambridge Building Society have been changed since 26/1/2010.

To find out more about lender panel compliance,

Book a Personalised Demo

Recent Changes Include

# Date Assoc. Changes Related To
C.12 07/09/2016 BSA
E.12 26/02/2016 BSA
B.12 29/01/2014 BSA
C.21 29/01/2014 BSA
D.55 29/01/2014 BSA
D.57 29/01/2014 BSA
E.1 29/01/2014 BSA
E.10 29/01/2014 BSA
C.12 29/01/2014 BSA
C.12 13/08/2013 BSA

Last update 11/07/2019

Cambridge Building Society Solicitor Panel Sample Enquires to our Call Center from members of the public

I am obtaining a mortgage with Cambridge Building Society. I would like to retain the legal services of a Licensed Conveyancer. Does the Cambridge Building Society Solicitor panel allow for Licensed Conveyancers
Cambridge Building Society’s conveyancing panel is, like many other lenders associated to the CML or Building Society Association, open to Licensed Conveyancers regulated by the CLC.
My solicitor has identified a difference when comparing the assumptions in Cambridge Building Society’s home valuation survey and what is in the title deeds. My lawyer says that as he is on the Cambridge Building Society conveyancing panel he is obliged to ensure that the bank is OK with this discrepancy and is content go ahead. Is my solicitor’s approach legitimate?
A precondition to being on the Cambridge Building Society approved panel is to comply with the CML Handbook requirements (last updated for this lender on Cambridge Building Society) which do require that your lawyer disclose any incorrect assumptions in the lender’s valuation report and the legal papers. Should you refuse to allow your lawyer to make the appropriate notification then your lawyer will have no choice but to discontinue acting for both parties.
How do I find a local solicitor on the Cambridge Building Society conveyancing panel? I have a car and am prepared to travel up to 20 kilometers to meet the lawyer.
You can use the find a conveyancing panel tool on this page. Please choose the lender and your location and you will see a number of lawyer located nearest you. Alternatively you can type in the name of your proposed law firm and see if they are listed as being on the Cambridge Building Society solicitor panel.
I was expecting to complete on my flat two days ago. My lawyer’s firm is on the Cambridge Building Society conveyancing panel but has changed address in the past couple of months and had not informed Cambridge Building Society of their new address. Cambridge Building Society is now refusing to release my funds as the information from the solicitors isn't correct.
This is as unusual as it is unlucky. The majority of lender Terms of Conveyancing Panel Appointment specifically oblige the solicitor to inform the lender of an address change. Your solicitor needs to treat this with the utmost urgency. Do speak with or register your concern with the senior partner (assuming he or she is not your direct lawyer). Most lenders would be reasonable in this situation and expedite the resolution of this issue. It may be prudent to enlist the help of your local Cambridge Building Society branch or your mortgage broker to see if they can help.
is it true that all solicitor firms on the Cambridge Building Society conveyancing panel overseen by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority?
As a firm of solicitors, in order to be on the Cambridge Building Society conveyancing panel they would need to be regulated by the Solicitors Regulatory Authority. Many lenders do allow licenced conveyancers on their panel in which case such firms would be regulated by the Council of Licensed Conveyancers (CLC).
Completion of my remortgage has taken place with a mortgage from Cambridge Building Society. Conveyancing was a necessary evil but I would like to complain about Cambridge Building Society. How does one go about formally complaining?
Almost all lenders have complaints procedures. Your first port of call should be one of the Cambridge Building Society branches or the Customer Services Team at Cambridge Building Society head office. In most cases complaints to Cambridge Building Society are sorted out effectively and efficiently. If you feel that the matter is not resolved you can write to the Financial Ombudsman Service at South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR with full details of your complaint.
Planning on purchasing a flat with a mortgage with Cambridge Building Society. I have received an online quote from a licensed conveyancer, which states: "There will be no charge for dealing with the Lender if you are obtaining a mortgage". I take this to mean that there will be no additional fee if the solicitor is on the Cambridge Building Society conveyancing panel. I wanted to make sure it means there will be no additional fees for dealing with the mortgage.
They are simply saying that the cost for acting for the lender is included in the fee being quoted. It is worth you checking that they are on the Cambridge Building Society conveyancing panel